eTraining, otherwise known as eLearning, is a booming industry. Still not on board? You might be surprised to hear that you don’t need huge resources at your disposal in order to play catch up…
The worldwide market for eLearning is estimated to have grown from $35.6 billion in 2011, to $56.2 billion in 2014, and is forecast to double by 2015. From distance learning university courses to MOOCs, Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and workplace training tools, the landscape is continually changing.
The corporate world is still lagging behind, despite the fact that companies who use e-learning tools could potentially boost their productivity by as much as 50%, according to an IBM report.
96% of employers say that on-going learning has a positive impact on job performance, and 87% say that it also affects compensation and salary (Lifelong Education and Labor Market Needs, An EvoLLLution Research Report, 2012).
One big trend is the change is the technology we’re using to access eLearning. Even in the workplace, we’re rapidly switching off desktop computers and moving to mobile devices. According to IDC, the number of PCs will drop down to 13% in 2017. Meanwhile, tablets will increase from 11.8% in 2013 to 16.5% by 2017, and smartphones will increase from 59.5% to 70.5%.
And this isn’t just in our personal lives. In the workplace, there’s a gradual but clear shift towards Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) – whereby individuals take their own mobile tech into work.
Why eTraining is an unmissable opportunity
Ask any company why they haven’t yet invested in eTraining, and they’ll tell you that they haven’t got the budget. Sadly, they’re missing out on the opportunity to save money in the long-term.
As surprising as it sounds, investing in eTraining is highly effective in reducing long-term training costs for companies – especially for those with a geographically widely distributed workforce.
Effective digital training removes the need for employees to give up chunks of their working day and travel long distances in order to stay up-to-date.
Other benefits include:
- Interactive solutions result in reduced training time and lower costs
- Health and safety eTraining available 24/7 results in a safer and more productive workplace
- Clear investment in training makes staff feel more valued
- Any-time, any-place access and gamification encourages employee responsibility for self-improvement
- Immediately updatable content prevents you being out-thought by competitors
- Employee development can be easily tracked and analysed in real time
- Content is consistent and policies are easily updateable
- Key messages become more memorable, thanks to the addition of interactivity
- Employees and contractors can prepare for a site visit off site and ahead of time
- In-house brand identity is strengthened
- Lower paper use and reduced travel cuts your company’s carbon footprint
The good news: you don’t have to start from scratch
The idea of transitioning to eTraining may initially seem insurmountable. But we specialise in taking existing paper-based resources or presentations and converting them into interactive, multi-platform eLearning solutions.
We’ve always believed in inspiration through education. Our background in education and digital multimedia means we’re perfectly placed to lead this evolving sector.
Contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation today! Get in touch by calling 01908 522532 or email [email protected].